I bought a 7gypsies vintage receipt holder as an impulse at a LSS sale a couple of weeks ago. I liked the idea of having a contained, simple way to display ephemera as a decor piece. Just pull back the springs, pop in the paper, and you're done!
I challenged myself to use as much of a Valentine's Day die cut sheet from My Mind's Eye, and as few other supplies as possible for this Valentine piece.
I glittered a few of the flags on the die cut border, and adhered to some glittered sticks. A double ruffle of silver glittered crepe paper behind the banner adds a little more fullness and interest at the top.
I layered some of the smaller pieces from the die cut sheet to create fan embellishments. I adhered the 14 circle tag to chipboard and glittered the edges with red. I folded a small fan out of crepe paper, and layered all of the pieces onto a light grey lacey-print die cut that I added silver glitter to around the edges. I tucked one of the die cut flags from the My Mind's Eye sheet between the layers. I then adhered the whole embellishment to a metal key tied to a pink shipping tag.
I adhered one of the tiny heart round tags to chipboard and encircled it with pink tinsel ribbon. I added little tiny dots of red glitter around the pattern in the large round die cut and layered the pieces to make a dimensional fan.
I punched out three heart die cuts, and left one plain, added mica flakes to a second one, and red glitter to the smallest heart. I layered two of the hearts and adhered to round tooth picks. Then I tucked the two heart picks and a white feather into a little glassine envelope.
After wrapping a plain white tag with red and white baker's twine I tucked one of the wee little die cut strips that said "xoxo" into the string and then just clipped the whole thing to the top of the bingo card. I love layering pieces... it is such a great way to use up those little elements that just get lost otherwise.
I wrapped a red foil chipboard letter O with twine and tied it up with a white jewellery tag with red glitter hearts. Then I added them to a small white envelope and leaned the whole thing up against the front of the mouse trap piece.